Monday, April 13, 2009

Improv Everywhere

Some of you know I'm kind of a YouTube junkie. I can somehow get locked into different threads that take me from one video to another, linking ideas. My most recent discovery was videos posted from Improv Everywhere. This is what their About Us section states on their homepage:

Improv Everywhere causes scenes of chaos and joy in public places. Created in August of 2001 by
Charlie Todd, Improv Everywhere has executed over 80 missions involving thousands of undercover agents. The group is based in New York City.

I love this idea and the missions are hilarious to watch. This of course, brought me to a related video on YouTube, which I post now in honor of my most recent trip to Salzburg with my brother-in-law and sister-in-law, Louis and Karen. We spent a day in Salzburg during their visit to Munich last week (will post more details and photos of our adventures there later). Louis and Karen wanted to go on the Sound of Music Tour, something I had yet to do on my many trips to the quaint little Austrian town. This video reminded me a bit of our trip and brought a smile to my face. I actually just love the idea of a group of people getting together to stage something like this in a public place. I think it brings joy and a smile to those lucky enough to see something like this first hand. Anyhow, I share it now for your viewing pleasure.

Here's a link in case the video doesn't come through for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UE3CNu_rtY

1 Comments:

At April 14, 2009 at 10:11 AM , Blogger Gerb said...

A friend of mine posted this on his blog and I absolutely LOVE it. My favorite Improv Everywhere is the Food Court Musical, followed closely by the frozen people (can't remember where they did that one). Maybe you and I can stage our own improv somewhere... wouldn't that be fun?!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home